Geelong Roller Derby League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geelong Roller Derby League

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freshies' intros.

Go down 
+8
Riff Raff Saff
jessika
aceofhearts
Stack Kat
Seemore Spinner
Anita Destroy!!
bettybamalam
johnny_smash
12 posters
AuthorMessage
johnny_smash

johnny_smash

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 am

Hello I'm Johnny Smash.

I can't see a topic where us freshies can jump on and introduce ourselves, so figured I'd create one.

My name's Glen, and am playing with Johnny Smash as a skater name in progress (checked the register and it's not taken yet, - I'm not sure when we're needing to come up with names, but it'll do for now).

Myself and my wife Kristel (we got married 2 weeks ago, which was fucking awesome!) have just started traing with the rest of the freshies, and speaking for myself, I'm loving it so far. Bam measured up our feet last night, and we got home from training, jumped onto sincityskates.com and ordered our wheels with the gift certificates we'd asked for (and thankfully received) as wedding presents, so the days of wearing shitty Rollerway hire skates are numbered!

Can't wait to get to know more of y'all and keep learning, getting fitter and becoming a better skater.

Ok, over to the rest of you!

“But I busted a chair right across his teeth and we crashed through the wall and into the street, a'kickin' and a'gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.”
Back to top Go down
http://olasyreflexiones.blogspot.com/
bettybamalam

bettybamalam

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

You got sin city vouchers as wedding presents? OH MY GOD, adorable!
Back to top Go down
Anita Destroy!!

Anita Destroy!!

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 pm

that's a great name, grab it while it's free!
best wedding present ever by the way!

maybe your wife could be June Smart'er
Back to top Go down
Seemore Spinner

Seemore Spinner

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 pm

congrats! what a fantastic choice of a derby name!!!
welcome on board.....:-)
destroy...would have to be june smart'er smash! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Stack Kat

Stack Kat

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 am

Johnny and June i already love you!!

DEFINATELY June Smart'er Smash!!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Anita Destroy!!

Anita Destroy!!

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 am

yes I knew it was missing something. Nice one Spinner.
Back to top Go down
johnny_smash

johnny_smash

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 am

Good idea Anita – can you register names yourself or who in the league sends in master roll updates? I just checked again – there’s a Johnny Stash in Houston – might need his permission to have a similar name.

I think guys names are easier to come up with just because there are less guys on the master roll – Kristel keeps coming up with brilliant witty sexy names only to find someone else has had the same idea… my favourite was Holly Go Bite Me. Taken though. Maybe June Start a Smash? I love the whole name choosing thing – even my conservative father (who just happens also to love language humour and word plays) has been suggesting an array of clever and hyper-violent names!

On other things, Saff with the promo, do you do the graphic design? The posters look fucking amazing! If there’s a place for me I wouldn’t mind helping out with design and promo – I take photos and do enjoy a bit of graphic design – especially posters and cd covers.

First things first though – gotta learn to skate better!
Back to top Go down
http://olasyreflexiones.blogspot.com/
Anita Destroy!!

Anita Destroy!!

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 am

June Start a Smash is perfect! There is a section in this forum to put your names into, Afliktion will send them in for registration.
Back to top Go down
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am

Welcome Glen & Kristel! bounce
Back to top Go down
jessika

jessika

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:12 pm

HIIIIIII.... I'm Jessikaaaaarggghhh

and i spent my 23'rd birthday, sweating my ass off with the worst hangover ever at our second ever training sesh... I love you

I'm also quite proud of my first derby injury... think i fractured my pinky tripping over a "fucking cone" on wed, hahahahha.

Nice to meet everyone, and i'm so very thankful to be involved in fresh meat...

xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Riff Raff Saff

Riff Raff Saff

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Hey Guys,

Johnny I just responded to your private message.

Freshies, please email me at riffraffsaff@gmail.com for access to the fresh meat part of the forum!

Cheers

Saff
Back to top Go down
MOLE-iscious

MOLE-iscious

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:48 am

Hey guys,

I thought that I would jump online and say Hi!!

You guys know me as Tanya. I have been hanging around you all for a couple of months now. I finally got the chance to join the new Freshies intake and went down on my first night of training.

Pulled a tendent in my leg and was told "NO EXERCISE FOR 4 WEEKS AT LEAST!" Can you believe it?

Anyway thanks Ramona for your help on the night. Anyway I have come up with the name "Rolley Moley" I hope you like it. My nickname is The Mole so I wanted to have that in there some where.

So I am still going to go to training and watch, but I will back to go at the next Freshie intake.

But until then Riff Raff Saff I would love to help on the 2 fundraisers you have going at the moment, just let me know how I can help.

See you soon guys
Tanya

AKA Rolley Moley!
Back to top Go down
lani

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey! I'm Lani and i have finally come up with a name that suits me to the ground cause i do shit loads every day...."RAZOR CUTS" I have checked the list and it is available WOOP!

I would like to thank Afliktion & all our great coaches for there dedication to us "freshies" as we are not always easy to teach!! so thanks guys so much xx Very Happy

I absolutely love the training so far, even when i complain!
so thanks again for the opportunity to join such a great team, lani (razor cut!)

Last edited by lani on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShirleyMental

ShirleyMental

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:17 pm

heya I'm Lilly, most of you already know me. but if you don't, i'm the one always...and i mean always falling over. umm...my derby name will be Shirley Mental, and i want to be a Ref...so therefore my ref name will be the SHE-REF-to protect and sever being my last name is Sherriff Very Happy

...that is all i have to say Smile

Last edited by MarilynMooneyes on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhythm N' Bruise

Rhythm N' Bruise

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: ohai   Freshies' intros. EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 am

Hey Gals and Girls,
I'm Kara, also know as one of the Bubbkykins.
I don't have a derby name yet as the one I would like I believe is taken.
I would really like Elwood Bruise (The Blues Brothers RULE!!!) but yeah, someone in Iowa has it....
Anyways, derby is so far the only sport I enjoy doing.
My parents HATE me doing it but they will get over it Very Happy
That's all from me at the moment Smile
See you all at training!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Freshies' intros. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freshies' intros.   Freshies' intros. Empty

Back to top Go down

Freshies' intros.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geelong Roller Derby League :: Geelong Roller Derby League General Info :: Meet and Greet - Introduce Yourselves-
Jump to: