Geelong Roller Derby League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Geelong Roller Derby League

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ME & NEW SKATES

Go down 
+3
scarlett savage
MissAfliktion
aceofhearts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 am

Ok so i wanna buy new skates - theres so many links to companies on here so thought id just ask!
is Aus cheaper or US??

help! Neutral
Back to top Go down
MissAfliktion

MissAfliktion

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 am

I got mine from Da Klinic. When I ordered them they were cheaper than getting some from say SinCity skates. The added bonus with SinCity is you can email them your needs and price range and they will help you pick the right ones. They also ship them out pretty quick. The guy from Da Klinic is very nice and helpful and he doesn't charge for shipping although he only has a stock standard range with limited up grades.

I have looked at the Sydney site cant think of the name and that is derby run and owned. Again you have the added bonus of talking to someone that personally knows the sport but I found their price higher than Da Klinic for the same thing.

What I did was talk to SinCity skates and the ones I wanted were for sale at Da Klinic cheaper.
Back to top Go down
http://tegan.mackey@yahoo.com.au
scarlett savage

scarlett savage

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 pm

I would agree that DaKlinik were cheaper, especially with the no shipping thing, and he is a lovely guy.
Back to top Go down
http://kat013.deviantart.com
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 am

thanks! altho i am skate retarted & have no idea what i want. I do know i want lighter skates than the ones i have (rebels) upgrades???? Mad freaking out.... not fussed about price tho.
Back to top Go down
Riff Raff Saff

Riff Raff Saff

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:03 pm

I compared costs with Sin City and the aussie sites and it was cheaper to go sin city and get exactly what i wanted (the dollar was and is nice at the moment).
Did you end up trying mine on? Spots an Bam are awesome at helping with what you need
Back to top Go down
Harry Spot'er

Harry Spot'er

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:34 am

Hmmm i would reccomend the Riedell 126 with the higher end reactor plate which is on th lighter scale of aluminium plates or you can go higher end with the snyder plates. Im not a fan of the nylon plates and have never used them so i cant really commment. I only have used sin city and another couple of US stores but sin city seem to be the best and i can get what i want. Im also a big fan of the atom wheels range either G-rod or D-rod.
Back to top Go down
Seven_Lux

Seven_Lux

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:56 am

Daklinic have always been really nice to me, but when I got my Vandals there was a fair bit of mucking around, and a couple other people here have ordered stuff and been told various things regarding delivery which were a bit annoying.

They sold me a pair of Vandals with plates mounted so unevenly I decided to send them back. Bezzombie has the same thing on her Vandals from Daklinic, but not quite as bad, and she didn't have the heart to send them back for an exhange.

I was disappointed they wouldn't check that sort of thing before selling them, but Sin Cty seems way more conscientious and helpful (and straight out knowledgable about all things derby/skates). Daklinic kind of has their little stock standard section in their shop seemingly just as a courtesy to ADRD, they're skateboarders and that's what they're most interested in, which is cool, nothing against that really!

My first skates were Rebels too, and I went just to Vandals, except I took off Blue Tuners and the Kwik bearings and put my Speed Ray and Bones stuff on them instead.

I love, love, the boot. I think it's really comfy, and they don't put my feet to sleep like the Rebels used too (they kind of stretched out and became too big for me). I might consider an aluminium plate next time, but I'm more than happy with nylon for now.

It took me quite a few weeks to get used to my new skates. They plates were aligned differently to the Rebels, which made it really weird to to run on toe stops and stuff. I couldn't snowplough, and it was crap. Got used to them eventually though.

I like Sin City.
Back to top Go down
http://brdl.wordpress.com
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks for the more info -

spots are you talking about the Riedell super-upgraded 126 Reactor??? $549 ones?????

saff which ones are yours??? im yet to try them on!
just need something lighter than mine.
Back to top Go down
Harry Spot'er

Harry Spot'er

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:50 am

Hmmm they were the ones i recomended but if your after something lighter then the rebels i doubt they will be lighter they may be a touch heavier with the alloy plates. So then maybe the lightweight nylon plate. I wasnt sure if you had the Alloy plate rebels or nylons but after looking at the photos of your skates they look like there nylon plates. Which would be a closer weight to the rebels at a guess.

Most alloy plates will be heavier but they perform differently and can actually feel lighter when you wear them as there sturdier compared to the nylons. Thats what i have read but im not totally sure myself as i have always been with the aluminium plates. What size are your feet??
Back to top Go down
Riff Raff Saff

Riff Raff Saff

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey Ace

I have the 265 Wickeds and i LOVE spots fave wheels as well (in fact if you order from sin city i might add to your order)

try em on at training if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks spotter,
Saff ill have a go at yours next training to see if they feel any lighter!

thanks!! I love you
Back to top Go down
aceofhearts

aceofhearts

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 am

who are you above?? mtptl77??
Back to top Go down
Nine Lives Isis

Nine Lives Isis

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 am

Yeah, i wanted to ask the same question but didn't know if that was rude...who are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ME & NEW SKATES Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME & NEW SKATES   ME & NEW SKATES Empty

Back to top Go down

ME & NEW SKATES
Page 1 of 1