Geelong Roller Derby League

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Malice in Wonderland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hardarse

PostSubject: Malice in Wonderland   Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:13 pm

did anyone happen to notice that saturday night lacked enthusiasm? there seemed to be no competition with the 'psychotics' blockers and the jammers being to slow and not putting much effort. i have been to all the bouts and this saturday compared to the others was crap.
Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harry Spot'er

PostSubject: Re: Malice in Wonderland   Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Just realise that this bout was the first for 10+ skaters it certainly is not as easy as they sometimes make it look. So just remember as the Skaters get better with bouting experience so will there abilities. Considering some Skaters have been training for a year before there first bout. Its not like they just strap on skates and in five mins are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bettybamalam

PostSubject: Re: Malice in Wonderland   Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Hardarse,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. If you've seen all the previous bouts then you've seen bouts with some highly experienced guest skaters, which of course sets the standard pretty high.

We introduced a lot of new skaters at our first Home Season bout. Home Season is where our rookies get bouting experience. It's quite terrifying skating out in front of a crowd and being blocked really hard, and sometimes it can be hard to put everything we learn in practice into our game play on bout day.

Im hoping you'll continue to support Geelong Roller Derby League, and watch as our new skaters become rising stars on the track.

Sincerely,
Betty Bamalam
GRDL Head Coach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimelius

PostSubject: Re: Malice in Wonderland   Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:57 am

From intraleague competition over at the VRDL, to some stellar interstate bouts, we've been spoilt with so much rollerderby action in Victoria this year!

And to see so many rookies make their debut - awesome.

Now that the first bout's over, all those drills'n'spills sessions will be falling into place. The learning curve and confidence-to-boot goes skyward from here.

Thanks for a great night - roll on bout two!

Kim & Freda
Back to top Go down
hardarse

PostSubject: hardarse   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Betty and Harry
The issue is not rookies, it is how thay are raised to the game Iam sure that they all have seen bouts and have been to training and know how to skate or why are they there ........

If you hold their hand all the time it will not achive anything when
as Harry said there is no experience like bouting just let the cards fall, the cream will raise to the top

Dont get me wrong its great to see new skaters in the BM team and if thay fall down a few times I bet they'll say 'we had a good time'....... game fit and match fit are two different things

Hardarse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bettybamalam

PostSubject: Re: Malice in Wonderland   Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Hardarse,

I've been at State and National level in different sports, and Roller Derby is not like any other kind of sport.

I dont see it as hand holding, in fact Im not entirely sure what you mean by us "hand holding" our skaters. The Home Season is our opportunity to introduce new skaters into a complex game, and the object of a Home Season bout is different to an Interleague bout.

While I respect that members of the public are entitled to their opinions on game play I think your comments about how we should initiate new players do not serve the interests of a fledgling league attempting to encourage and support newer skaters.

Sincerely,
Betty Bamalam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malice in Wonderland   

Back to top Go down

Malice in Wonderland
Page 1 of 1